Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Are those all the training rides?

"Are those all the training rides?"  The answer is no.  Except for one training ride entry here, I've only posted the training rides I had pictures for.  However, I've been trying to get in 130 miles a week, with two of the riding days back to back (to make it more like the 6 day tour).  So, there are more rides, including mountain bike rides.

Here's a summary of the other rides for June:

6/22 (Sunday) Old Tunnel-Pinehurst-Wildcat
This is one of the routes that the Arthritis Foundation training group does on Wednesday nights except that I started and ended it from my house in El Cerrito rather than the Peet's on Alcatraz and College.  I was showing Leo the local roads.  He's a cyclist new to the area.  We go through city streets to get on to Old Tunnel from Ashby Avenue.  Old Tunnel changes its name to Skyline at Broadway.  We bypassed Grizzly Peak and continued down Skyline to Pinehurst and took that down to Moraga.  San Pablo Dam Road brought us to Wildcat Drive.  There's some pretty good climbing from there up to Inspiration Point where we took a break.  From there it is mostly rolling or downhill back to the house (through Kensington).
33.72 miles and 2,616 feet of elevation gain.  The Mt. Tam ride as the day before.

6/25 (Wednesday) Old Tunnel-Grizzly Peak
I joined the Arthritis Foundation for their Wednesday night ride.  I started and ended at home, so I changed the end of the ride rather than returning to Peet's.  This is the 20 mile option for the Wed night group.  They took Wildcat Drive down to SPDR and ended at the Orinda BART station to go back to Peet's.  I peeled off and went down Spruce and then residential streets in Kensington too numerous to list to go home.
21.42 miles and 1,903 feet of elevation gain.

6/28 (Sat) Recreational Mountain Bike Ride at China Camp with the California Deaf Wheelers.  This was a front side loop of China Camp State Park in San Rafael.  This was a good warm up since I haven't been on a mountain bike in months.

6/29 (Sun) Mountain bike ride at El Corte de Madera (AKA Skeggs Point) in Woodside, or close to it.  A more challenging mountain bike ride with John and his friends.  We took a lot of trails I didn't know the name of.  The temperature was warm, but we started around 3 pm, so the temp started going down not too long after we got started and there was thankfully plenty of shade.  The climbing , esp. the long climb at the end went really well for me!  Had a yummy sushi dinner in San Mateo (I think) on the way home.
My computer said it was only 10.91 miles, but Chris's said 14.something, so I'll take the higher one.  In this case, I think that is more accurate.  2,432 feet of elevation gain.  My personal opinion is that mountain bike miles should count for double the same number of road miles due to the obstacles on the trails.


No comments:

Post a Comment