Saturday, September 17, 2016

Day 0

We drove up to Portland yesterday.  It was a long drive, but the weather and traffic were good.  Unfortunately, about 2 hours down the road, I realized that I didn't have my purse.  I called home and John confirmed it was sitting there.  It had all my money, ID, credit card, etc.  John, thankfully was able to send it out right away for next day delivery.

Today, we hoped to do a short ride around Portland to stretch the legs and look around.  And, of course, get the delivery of my purse.  Unfortunately, it was raining when we woke up and continued all day.  I took that as a cue to stay in and rest.

I made some progress on the book I am reading for my book group and I exercised for a half hour in the exercise room at the hotel.  My purse did arrive as promised before noon.
Woo hoo!  Reunited with my purse.
 In the late afternoon we went to the Green Dragon to check in for the ride, meet the other riders, and have dinner.  Thanks to the Green Dragon and Rogue for hosting us.

Margaret at our riders' meeting.

Elliot of Bike Newport talking about route markings.
Mary and I have spent the rest of the evening getting ready for the start of the tour tomorrow.  All our bags and bikes are labeled, we have reorganized our bags to be ready to start camping tomorrow night, and gotten our riding gear out.

We have heard that the rain will be stopping in the morning, perhaps even before we hit the road at about 10 am.  We will be shuttled from the hotel to the Green Dragon again to start from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment